XIII. CANCELED/TERMINATED MATCHES
1. In the event of inclement weather or at any time there is a doubt as to the playability of the fields, at least three (3) hours prior to the scheduled start of the first match of the day, the home club MUST:
a. Verify the conditions of the fields.
b. Immediately notify the VSL Administrator when field(s) are unplayable.
c. The home team must notify the opposing coach and/or manager when match(es) are cancelled due to unplayable fields in sufficient time to prevent unnecessary travel.
2. If, after matches begin, field conditions deteriorate which requires the cancellation of later matches, Club Representatives shall notify the VSL Administrator and opposing coaches or managers immediately.
3. If fields are under the control of another club or activity (e.g., schools, park authorities) and these organizations determine playability of fields, Club Representatives must coordinate closely to ensure early decisions and proper notifications are made.
4. The following penalty for failure to provide timely, accurate information of unplayable fields shall be assessed:
1. THE CLUB SPONSORING THE HOME TEAM SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF ANY REFEREE FEES INCURRED.
2. ANY TEAM FAILING TO NOTIFY THE OPPOSING TEAM’S COACH OR MANAGER WILL BE FINED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE REFEREE FEES. VSL WILL AWARD THE FINE TO THE OFFENDED TEAM.
5. When rain or inclement weather creates unplayable fields, the VSL Administrator may relocate the scheduled matches to playable fields. Teams shall be given as much notice as possible. However, conditions may warrant very short notices. Teams are expected to be as cooperative as possible so that rescheduled matches are minimized.
B. Referee Decision of Unplayable Conditions
1. A referee, may suspend or terminate a match due to weather conditions; i.e., lightning, rain, fog, fields becoming unplayable in the opinion of the referee, etc. before or during a match. Under these conditions, the referee’s decision is final. If at least one half of the match has been played, the match shall be deemed complete and the score shall stand.
2. After a referee cancellation, the Home Team shall determine if remaining matches scheduled for the field should be cancelled. In such cases, immediate notification of the VSL Administrator is required. Club Representatives shall notify the opposing coaches and/or managers.
3. Inconvenience to the visiting team, who has traveled or may travel to the site, cannot be avoided if weather conditions worsen during the visiting team’s travel time.